Turkey Scholarship 2022 | Admission requirements and registration
Turkey Scholarship 2022 | Admission requirements and registration method for Turkish scholarships
What is a Turkish Scholarship? What are the conditions and requirements for obtaining a scholarship in Turkey? Registration for the Turkish scholarship, what are the application dates, and what is the link to the official Turkish scholarship website.
Is the Turkish scholarship free, and is it possible to register for it online? We will answer all these questions in this comprehensive article about the Turkish government scholarship.
The Turkish Scholarship ( Bursları ) is one of the most competitive study programs in the world and students will be able to study in the most prestigious universities, and it is considered one of the best Turkish scholarships because it offers educational opportunities to all international students.
Advantages of obtaining a Turkey Scholarship
The Turkish Government Scholarship for International Students is highly competitive, awarded by awards and funded by the Turkish government in order to help students pursue their studies in all academic disciplines to study both bachelor’s , master’s , doctoral, and research degrees .
- The acceptance rate is more than 95%.
- Providing health insurance in Turkey
- Assistance is provided in all services.
- One of the most important scholarships without language requirement.
- Bank accounts are opened for accepted students.
- The Turkish Government Scholarship provides a student residence permit.
- An international student will definitely feel at home in Turkey.
- Each year, more than 4,000 students are accepted from all countries of the world.
- Healthcare is a big problem around the world especially if you are a foreigner.
- The health expenses of all students are covered by public health insurance.
- The successful student in the scholarship will easily obtain a study visa from the Turkish embassy in his country directly.
- Students who will study in other languages instead of Turkish are also required to take this course.
- The Turkish Government Scholarship also provides a one-year language course if they do not have previous experience in the Turkish language,
- The Turkey scholarship is comprehensive at all levels of study, including high school, bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, research and short courses as well.
A comprehensive and unique scholarship program
Apart from providing education opportunities on an international level as well as a wealth of knowledge and experience, Turkey offers scholarships to international students from all over the world to study in the most prestigious universities in Turkey.
Turkey opens the doors of its universities to international students from all over the world with “ Turkey Scholarships”. The scholarship program provides its recipients with opportunities and a broad education in the most prestigious Turkish universities, helping students to gain new perspectives and obtain a unique educational experience during their studies in Turkey.
The Turkish Scholarships are government funded and competitive among students, awarded to outstanding students to pursue a full-time or short-term program at the best universities in Turkey.
The Turkish Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders committed to promoting cooperation between countries and mutual understanding between societies.
What makes Turkey Scholarships unique?
What makes the Turkish Scholarships unique is that it not only includes financial support but also provides a university place to its award recipients at all levels of higher education.
The scholarship program offers programs in the 50 best and most popular universities in Turkey and provides a mandatory one-year Turkish language course which ensures that all students adapt and adapt to the social and cultural environment in which they live.
Türkiye Scholarships also provides assistance with all services and procedures necessary for an international student to feel at home in Turkey. These include, housing provision, health insurance, a student bank account, a student residence permit, as well as a one-year language course.
Apart from the basic services and assistance mentioned above, Türkiye Scholarships also offers social, cultural, and academic guidance in the form of conferences, programs, seminars, international student academies, culture and sports day gatherings, arts-related programs as well as internships, internship opportunities, and career guidance programs.
Duration of Turkish Scholarship Programs
- One year of preparatory language study. In addition,
- 4 years for undergraduate students.
- 5 years for students of dentistry, pharmacy and veterinary medicine.
- 6 years for medical students.
- 3 years for a master’s degree.
Turkish scholarship application deadline
The date of the Turkey scholarship and the opening of registration for the current academic year will be on 10.01.2022 and the submission will end on 20.02.2022 as stated in the announcement of the official website of the Turkish scholarship.
Candidates applying for the Turkey Scholarship will be informed of their interview schedules and then the announcement of the final results for the Turkey Scholarship winners will be published online.
Turkey Scholarship Fund
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Free accommodation will be provided.
- There is no application fee.
- Full tuition waiver.
- Flight ticket to Turkey and back to your country.
- Full coverage of the Turkish language program for one year.
- Monthly stipend of up to 800 TL for undergraduate students
- Monthly stipend of up to 1,100 TL for master’s degree students.
- Monthly stipend of up to 1,600 TL for PhD students.
- Bear the cost of living:
The Turkish government provides the student with the Turkish scholarship 2021 free housing throughout the study period with full housing expenses, and the place of residence is determined by the scholarship administration, but if the student wishes to change housing, he must pay the costs of his housing.
- Covering full housing expenses
The student gets a student residence for the duration of the study, paid by the Turkish government.
- Covering travel expenses
The student accepted in the scholarship gets paid travel tickets from the Turkish government from the country in which the student resides to Turkey and from Turkey to his country after the final completion of the study.
- Pay the expenses of learning the Turkish language
The student who receives the scholarship gets a full year to study the Turkish language without any fees.
Note: Even students who are accepted to study in a language other than Turkish must take one year to learn Turkish.
- Covering the cost of internal transportation
The student who receives the scholarship receives a card that grants mobility at a deeply discounted state subsidized rate.
- Providing student health insurance
The government provides the student with free health insurance for the entire period of study, where all your health expenses are covered for the duration of your studies.
Financing the Turkey Scholarship for Bachelors
- Admission to university and program
- Monthly salary: 800 TL per month
- One-time return flight ticket
- health insurance
- Turkish language course for one year
Turkish Scholarship Funding for Postgraduate Studies
- Admission to university and program
- Monthly salary:
- Masters: 1100 TL per month
- PhD: 1600 TL per month
- Travel expenses
- One-time return flight ticket
- health insurance
- Turkish language course for one year
Successful Scholarship Program (1 year)
- Monthly salary:
- Bachelor’s degree: 450 TL per month
- Masters: 600 TL per month
- PhD: 900 TL per month
Research Scholarship Program (3-10 months)
- Monthly salary: 3000 TL per month
Turkish Scholarships Specialties
Available majors for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees
- Complete tourism and hotel specializations
- Human medicine and pharmacy specializations
- Dentistry and veterinary medicine
- Engineering majors
- Applied scientific disciplines
- political disciplines
- Law and Business
- Business Management
- Religious sciences majors
- Artificial intelligence specialization
- Trade specialties
- Literary disciplines
- Majoring in Psychology and Sociology
- International Relations major
- Biochemistry majors
Turkish Scholarship Terms
Conditions for registering for the Turkish Scholarship for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate:
- Be under 21 years of age for undergraduate programs
- Be under 30 years old for master’s programmes.
- Be under 35 years old for PhD programmes.
- If you studied in Turkey previously, you will not be able to apply for this scholarship
- The high school average for applying to the university must be at least 70% of the marks.
- You must have successfully passed a high school diploma in all subjects
- The university average for applying for master’s and doctoral degrees must be at least 75% of the marks.
- All documents and supporting documents for the scholarship application must be submitted before the application deadline.
- Minimum academic achievement for applicants in health sciences (medicine, dentistry, pharmacy): 90%.
Documents required to register for the Turkish scholarship
- Statement of purpose .
- Motivation letter .
- Recommendation letter .
- Biography .
- Letter of intent .
- Training certificates (if any).
- Work experience certificates (optional).
- Research proposal or doctoral dissertation abbreviation
- Social participation and extracurricular certifications (optional).
- Submit a birth certificate document translated into Turkish or English.
- A color copy of your passport, valid for at least 6 months.
- A high school diploma translated and certified by the Ministry of Education in your country.
- University Success Certificate (University Graduation Document) translated and certified by the Ministry of Education in your country.
- A certificate of success in a master’s degree (University Graduation Document) translated and certified by the Ministry of Education in your country.
Official Turkish Scholarships Site
The official Turkish scholarship website offers the opportunity for students to register themselves to obtain academic admission in the major they want to study. If you want to apply, the official website for the scholarship is as follows: https://tbbs.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr .
Registration for the Turkey Scholarship
- Enter the official website of the scholarship from the application link
- register a new account,
- Enter your email, name, birthday and password,
- Confirm the activation of the account that you received via email.
- Log in to the account again using the data you entered the first time,
- Choose from the main window the appropriate degree of study for you ( high school , bachelor’s , master’s , doctoral and research degrees .),
- Start by filling in the appropriate data in the fields and windows according to the degree you are applying for.
- You can choose more than one major to apply for.
- You can choose more than one Turkish university during the scholarship application process,
- When you finish filling in the data, you will be asked to upload the required files that we mentioned, upload them now.
- After you have finished uploading the files, go back to the home page of your account on the scholarship website, and click on submit the application in the right corner of the screen.
How to get a Turkish scholarship
- 1- Go to the official Turkish scholarship website and click on Apply
2- Click on create a new account register
- 3- Log in after creating the account
- 4-fill in your personal information
- 5- fill in your contact information
- 6- fill in your family information
- 7- fill in your academic information
- 8- fill in your data, the data of the languages you speak
- 9- fill in your data, work data or work experiences
- 10- fill in your data, your academic data
- 11- fill in your data about your social activities, in terms of training experiences and other activities
- 12- Write here your Turkish language skills (it does not require your proficiency in the Turkish language, so choose both here in the first question)
- 13- You will find the available majors and universities. It allows you to choose the university and the specialization you want to apply to
- 14- Finally, send the request from the main page
The check marks on the left of the screen must be all green, avoid being yellow or red, it means that your application is incomplete and will cause you to be rejected
Tips for applying for a Turkish scholarship
- During the application process, you can choose the appropriate specialization for you
- You can choose more than one university and specialize in the application process
- The application process for the Turkish government scholarship takes approximately one hour
- The right major for you, as well as the university will be chosen by the Turkish Government Scholarship
- You can apply for the scholarship directly to the scholarship, without an intermediary and % free.
- Prepare the grant application files mentioned above in full, in the appropriate format, with translation and attestation.
- Turkish Government Scholarship applications can be submitted by candidates individually only through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr
Admission Criteria for the Turkish Government Scholarship
Turkish scholarship applications are evaluated on the basis of the academic success, extra-curricular activities and other professional credentials of the candidate. In the application evaluation process, candidates will be evaluated based on their eligibility for the application criteria of the program to which they are applied as well as their academic and social achievements.
- 1. Initial assessment:
All applications are reviewed based on basic criteria such as minimum academic scores, minimum age, required documents, etc.
- 2. Shortlist:
Applications of qualified candidates are carefully reviewed by expert panels based on a wide range of criteria including academic standing, previous qualifications, academic interests, career goals, consistency of choices, clarity of letter of intent, participation in social activities…etc. The qualified candidates are then shortlisted for interviews.
- 3. Interview:
Interviews usually last from 15 to 30 minutes and are conducted in the following format:
a. Welcome and introduction
b. Document examination
c. The candidate motivated to apply
d. Academic knowledge and professional goals
e. Conclusion and questions
Please note that the interview does not indicate whether or not the candidate will be selected.
Note: Candidates selected for interviews must bring all transcripts, documents and certificates for each year they studied if they have not yet graduated.
- 4. Selection of admission
Interview results of candidates are evaluated by interview committees by a selection committee and a list of candidates for scholarship is formed. This final evaluation stage will assess the general eligibility and suitability of the candidate for the Turkish Scholarships.
Academic background and interview results are the main criterion that plays a major role in the process of selecting students for the Turkish government scholarship, and this is the main factor that makes only those who know that they are proficient in all the criteria and conditions for applying for the Turkish government scholarship to apply.
The applicant’s academic performance will be assessed by checking the following attached documents:
- Diploma degree
- General average grades for the last semester
- University entrance exam score (if applicable)
- High school graduation exam/baccalaureate degree (if applicable)
- International test score (if applicable)
- Any other academic certificates or GPA
If you have any question about the application, or any other information you need to obtain a Turkish government scholarship, you can always write to us on the studio shot through | Form Send a message to us in your account | Or leave a comment below.
After graduation in Turkey
Although we say goodbye to international students who leave Turkey after their graduation ceremony every year, the Turkish Scholarship Program does not really say goodbye to them. The Turkish Scholarship Program is proud to contribute to the life-long achievements of international students, and the Turkish Scholarship Program keeps in touch with students after graduation.
For this purpose, an online portal has been created that serves as a meeting platform, and the Turkish Scholarship Program is always looking forward to receiving news from its alumni. Numerous alumni associations have been voluntarily created by alumni from different countries, facilitating the communication of Turkey alumni with both Turkey and with each other in an institutional way. Through alumni associations in many countries around the world, graduates of the program pursue their academic and social relationships, informing other young people in their countries of the educational opportunities that Turkey offers.
Today, the Turkey Alumni Network consists of an ever-growing network of more than 150,000 members, all of whom have received an education in Turkey, dating back to the 1950s, and working in prestigious professions in 160 countries around the world. The Turkey Alumni Network has made a name for itself due to the contributions of its members in promoting friendly relations between Turkey and their countries.